Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Hello from Sophi (without Joe)

Welcome to the ever-so-enticing blog that my dear friend Joe and I decided would be a marvelous idea to create, since we are convinced that our opinions and obscenities (respectively) are interesting enough to capture the attention of and bring entertainment to a considerable chunk of Internet explorers.
The inspiration for its creation came from the very simple fact that everything I say in Joe's presence seems to either cause an eruption of laughter (at me, never with me) or a disproportionate serving of sarcasm.
So, welcome to our blog, Sophi and a Cup of Joe!
First an foremost, a pseudo-proper introduction: I'm Sophi, the source of the mind-numbing verbal diarrhea behind the operation. Joe is the ever-so-clever gray matter (quite literally, actually: he's a Neuroscience and Psychology major.) I'm majoring in Psychology and Creative Writing. We've both successfully (predominantly on Joe's part) finished our first year of college.
I'm currently in the gloriously green and vibrant city of Dublin on a six-week internship with a pretty badass software giant, which explains why I am posting at an odd hour.
I like to write poetry (which mostly ends up being about food or sex, or both.) I was born in Moscow a month before the Soviet Union disbanded (my doing, of course) and moved to the wondrous US of A when I was seven. I'm pretty legit.
I would now like to take a moment to appreciate the fuchsia shirt that one of my handsome (in the traditional way)male coworkers is wearing... I don't know your name (and you definitely don't know mine), but you're the man.
And now that I have used up my coffee break on writing this piece of crap as well as burning my tongue on a latte, it's time for me to get back to work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment